Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A New Way of Living with the New Media

Hi everybody,

I've been thinking about the new media and how it has changed my life over the last couple of years. Through the years we've all watched the new media progress yet we don't think about its effects on our daily routine.

First of all, I think the new media does more good than harm for me. For example I am typing this post from a coffee shop which would not be possible without my laptop. Also I can talk to my family and friends via skype anytime I want without paying money. I don't even want to imagine my life without skype or msn mesenger. These applications have changed my way of communication in so many ways. Unless it is urgent I use e mail to communicate my friends (overseas). I also get my news online. I read both Turkish and U.S newspapers online. Without the internet I would be detached from Turkey a long time ago (in terms of current events). Though the biggest change for me is the online shopping. I remember hearing it for the first time. At the beginning I wasn't feeling comfortable about giving my credit card information but now I almost prefer online shopping.

On the other hand, I spend so much time online doing not so important stuff such as, checking facebook or new you tube videos. It is kind of a daily habit that I do for a year now.

Here is a link from the daily show. Jon Stewart talks about the new media. I thought it is pretty funny. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment